The weekends are for rest & repair; it brings in the much deserved stop from the week. Stories are integral part of our human evolution. The way I always see, stories do provide the much needed rejunenation for the mind over the weekend.
In fact, stories are used to communicate complex concepts in bare bone languages; be it in science, religion or spirituality.
Let me share some stories today, and my thoughts on them.
Two stories to begin with -
Nokia refused Android
Yahoo refused Google
Here are my thoughts -
- Take risks.
- Embrace changes. Adapt. Adjust.
- If you refuse , with time, you might perish.
How about two more stories?
Facebook takes over Whatsapp and Instagram
Flipkart takes over Myntra & Flipkart owned Myntra takes over Jabong
And my thoughts on these two.
- Become so powerful that your competitors become your allies.
- Reach the top position and then cut the competition.
- Keep innovating.
Let's go one more time. Two more stories.
Colonel Sanders founded KFC at the age of 65.
Jack Ma, who coudnt get job in KFC, founded Ali Baba.
So what did I learn from these two?
- Age is a number.
- Only those who keep trying succeeds.
How about we do this one last time!
Lamborghini was founded as result of revenge of a tractor owner who was insulted by Enzy Ferrari, the founder of Ferrari.
And what did I pick up from this one.
- Never underestimate anyone. Ever.
- Success is the best revenge.
- Keep working hard. Dont be afraid to fail.
- Don't let the insults define you. Angels fly as they take things light.
I am sure we all have heard these famous stories many times; I decided to put them on a single post.
Which one is your favourite one?